First introduced in Season 2 of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Weekly Challenges allow players to complete rather simple objectives for XP rewards. Since the release of Warzone, a separate set of Weekly Challenges is available for the Battle Royale mode. Each week offers a new set of Challenges for players to complete.
Here is a complete list of all Challenges that are now available for Season 5 Week 1.
- Wyatt Matches: Play 3 matches with Wyatt and your Coalition Operator (2,500 XP)
- Free-For-All: Play 3 Free-For-All matches (2,500 XP)
- Pickup Weapon Kills: Kill 10 Enemies with weapons you picked up off the ground (2,500 XP)
- Headshot Longshots: Get 5 Headshot Kills that are Longshots (2,500 XP)
- Sniper/Marksman Kills: Get 30 Kills using a Sniper or Marksman Rifle (5,000 XP)
- Personal UAV: Call in the Personal UAV Killstreak 7 Times (5,000 XP)
- Tracker Kills: Get 30 Kills while using the Tracker perk (5,000 XP)
- Assault Rifle Headshots: Get 10 Headshots using Assault Rifles (5,000 XP)
- C4 Kills: Get 15 Kills using C4 (10,000 XP)
- Recon Drone: Deploy the Recon Drone Field Upgrade 15 times (10,000 XP)
- Vehicular Homicide: Destroy 5 vehicle(s) carrying enemies (10,000 XP)
- CQB Specialist: Get 12 Hipfire Kills (10,000 XP)
- Best of the Best: Earn top 15 placement with your team 3 time(s) (10,000 XP)
- Cornerstone: Mark 30 Enemies using the Recon Drone (10,000 XP)
- Weapon Expert: Get 21 kills with an Assault Rifle (10,000 XP)
- In Charge of the Yard: Win 3 one on one fight(s) as a prisoner (10,000 XP)
- Homicidal Vehicles: Get 6 kills or assists while in a vehicle (10,000 XP)
- Well Equipped: Get 15 Frag Kills (10,000 XP)
- Arms Dealer: Buy 5 Loadout Drop(s) (10,000 XP)
- Mission Focused: Complete any 9 Contract(s) (10,000 XP)
What are your thoughts on Weekly Challenges in Modern Warfare and Warzone? We've yet to see Infinity Ward introduce new reward types for the Challenges, and many players feel that XP does not justify going out of their way to complete these. We hope that the studio hears this feedback and allows for players to earn new cosmetic items through these means!
Despite the lack of rewards earned through Weekly Challenges, new Intel Missions were introduced in Season 4 which allow players to uncover the story of Verdansk by completing in-game objectives.
Stay tuned to @CODTracker on Twitter for full Call of Duty coverage, including the latest Modern Warfare and Warzone news. In case you're new here, we also offer Player Stats, Leaderboards, and a Cosmetics Database for the latest titles - check us out!