Season One of Call of Duty: Vanguard and Warzone Pacific is now available on PlayStation, Xbox, and PC (Battle.net)! Just as the game update for Sledgehammer Gmaes' Multiplayer and Zombies title released on the 6th, the Battle Royale experience is currently rolling out its latest version. Raven Software has released the complete Patch Notes for this update, found below, which detail all of the changes that this update brings to Warzone Pacific.
Highlights of this update include:
- All-New Caldera Battle Royale Map
- 40+ New Weapons
- 10+ New Operators
- Massive Balance Adjustments
Due to the start of a new Chapter, the Warzone Pacific initial download is much larger than typical content updates.
- PlayStation 5: 44.7GB
- PlayStation 4: 44.7GB
- Xbox Series X|S: 41.2GB
- Xbox One: 41.2GB
- PC (Battle.net): 37.8GB (+31.3GB for Modern Warfare Multiplayer)
As Raven Software prepares for the title's biggest update yet, Warzone servers across all platforms will be temporarily taken offline. This downtime is expected to last a total of 12 hours, although this may vary greatly. An update has been issued to all platforms at the start of downtime, but the game will not be playable until downtime has concluded.
- Downtime Begins: Tuesday, December 7th at 9PM PT
- Downtime Ends: Wednesday, December 8th at 9AM PT
RICOCHET Anti-Cheat™ is already live across Call of Duty®: Vanguard and Call of Duty: Warzone™ with server-side updates and other backend elements to combat cheating.
With the launch of Call of Duty: Warzone Pacific tomorrow, #TeamRICOCHET continues its new anti-cheat security initiative with the rollout of an internally developed PC kernel-level driver for Warzone, which will activate first in the Asia-Pacific region before expanding worldwide.
For a deeper look at the work from #TeamRICOCHET, check out the Anti-Cheat™ Progress Report here.
For regular updates about the Playlist and other Scheduled Events, check out the dedicated Warzone Trello Board.
We've created a brand new Battle Royale experience, true to the spirit of Vanguard.
This new mode will focus on a few key pillars:
Dogfighting Planes & Anti-Air Combat
- Jump into Fighter Planes to rain down pain on foes or head for the Anti-Aircraft Guns to shoot them out of the skies.
Core Vanguard Experience
- Players will play with a WWII-era ruleset, having access to Vanguard-only themed Weapons, Operators, Vehicles, Killstreaks, and more. This ruleset will extend to custom Player Loadouts.
New Environmental Hazards
- Bombing Runs will occur throughout each game at random at any given time.
- These will be announced and appear on the Tac Map as a red circle, so eyes to the skies!
- In addition to the above, a number of changes should be expected, including but not limited to:
Larger Initial Circle
- The radii and times for Circle collapses have been rebalanced to accommodate dogfighting further into the mid-late game. The overall game length remains the same as Battle Royale.
The new Public Event structure is as follows:
- Weapon Crates or Cash Drops
- Loadout Drops
- Fire Sale
- Weapon Crates or Cash Drops (High Probability)
- Resurgence or Jailbreak or Loadout Drops (Low Probability)
- Loadout Drops
Circle 7 & 8
- Public Events conclude, you’re on your own!
Inspired by the positive reception of Operation: Flashback, the team wanted to bring these Public Events across to Vanguard Royale. We also heard the feedback that Players still wanted to feel a sense of strategy and mastery, so we have made some key changes to remove the haphazardness of Public Events in this mode.
Buy Stations (Vanguard Royale)
- Loadout Markers will be available for purchase after the Loadout Drop Public Event.
- UAV’s will not be available from Buy Stations in this mode but can be acquired as Contract rewards.
Below is a list of all of the gameplay elements that are either included or excluded based on our WWII-era ruleset:
And as a special treat, we’re offering Players a chance to earn unique limited-time rewards including an Emblem and Calling Card.
With thanks to our friends at Beenox, the beloved Resurgence gameplay experience drops into the Pacific! This mode is tailored to a selection of hand-picked POI’s on the new Caldera map. With a max Player count of 48, this mode will follow the same WWII-era ruleset designed for Vanguard Royale, but with the gameplay that Players have come to know and love from Rebirth Island.
This mode is a great way for players old and new alike to learn the new POI’s on the Caldera, with Rebirth Resurgence returning to the Playlist rotation on December 16th.
The greatest Call of Duty sandbox ever! In this version of Caldera, anything goes. Access Vehicles, Weapons, Operators, Killstreaks, new Contracts, new Public Events and more from every timeline!
Whilst the overall game time for Battle Royale remains aligned with the Verdansk experience, we have used our learnings and findings from the past two years of Warzone development to refine the circle speeds to better reflect the size and topography of Caldera, with slower Circle closing speeds but a faster time between Circles to give players more time to traverse the peak!
It wouldn’t be Warzone without there being big money on the line, with a Plunder experience built for the Caldera lining up on day one including all Vehicles, Weapons, Operators, Killstreaks, new Contracts and more from every timeline!
Thank you to all of our peers who helped bring Caldera to life... special shoutout to Sledgehammer Games, Beenox, Toys for Bob, and High Moon Studios.
New Map: Caldera
Caldera comprises 15 huge, distinct areas to explore and fight across once Operation Vulcan begins. There are also hundreds of lesser points of interest to investigate and use to your tactical advantage.
- Sub Pen
- Power Plant
Created by our friends at High Moon Studios, this new Gulag experience is set deep within the mines of Caldera. Using all the learnings developed from the many Gulags that have been designed since Warzone launched in 2020, the team focused on both equality of the combat experience. Let's not forget about the all-important spectator experience as well - that is, if multiple of your Squad have been unfortunate enough to have been eliminated at once!
Rebirth Island will remain available to all Warzone players, whether or not they own Vanguard, during the initial 24 hour exclusive access period.
The map will then be removed from the Playlist until it returns on December 16th with the Week 2 Playlist update.
With the launch of Season One, all Warzone players can gain access to everything that Vanguard brought to the arsenal and barracks including but not limited to:
- Over 40 New Weapons
- Over a dozen New Operators
- New Prestige, Calling Cards, Emblems, and More
At the start of this season, cross-progression between Vanguard and Warzone will be enabled, allowing you to rank up through Seasonal Prestige and unlock new content through the Battle Pass and Challenges.
New Onboarding Tutorial
Developed by our friends at Toys for Bob, we have a brand new Tutorial ready for Players who are fresh to Warzone. This tutorial will take you into the heart of Caldera and teach you everything you need to know for survival.
Season One comes with more than just a shiny new map - including a slew of brand new features and important changes to features you’ve familiarized yourself with already.
- Rain down destruction and reign supreme with the Fighter Plane. This versatile two-seater vehicle provides as much combat support with its front-mounted weapon systems as it does squad support—via sonar ability that pings enemy troop locations as well as legendary crates.
- With room for two in the front and however-many-you-can-fit in the back, the Utility Truck is a powerhouse cargo and transport vehicle that shakes off incoming fire while plowing through any terrain stupid enough to get in its way. Additional variant swaps cargo space for high-powered AA attachment so you can rule the skies and the ground.
- Agile turns and a frame built to take punishment make the Squad Transport ideal for relocating up to four Operators across the battlefield. Best-in-class suspension devours off-road obstacles for breakfast, and a ripping top speed means plenty of dust for your enemies to eat.
Three new types of Contract will spawn in Caldera including:
- A Contract is selected at random but with significantly increased rewards. Who knows what you’re gonna get?
Big Game Bounty
- Time to hunt down an enemy Operator with an impressive elimination count - assuming you’re confident enough to risk it!
- Will only show on the Tac Map at the end of the 1st Circle.
- Will not select the same target multiple times in a row.
- A valuable Supply Drop crate will drop into the map that only your squad has the coordinates to… but be careful, other teams can see the green smoke and try to steal it!
New Public Events
- All supply boxes on the map will close again and refresh their loot.
- For a short duration, the Resurgence effect will allow Players to respawn so long as a teammate is boots on the ground.
- The well known Plunder Cash Drops will begin to spawn.
Heavy Weapons Crate
- New and highly desirable Weapons can be obtained from these crates.
New Tac Map
We've brought you a new look to compliment the beauty of a 1940s Caldera!
Players are now able to ping on the Tac Map after being eliminated or while in the Gulag.
- Players are now able to operate the Fighter Plane. Take to the skies! But don’t get too comfortable.
- Fixed to the ground or mounted on the back of a Utility Truck, use this heavy duty Weaponry to clear the skies of those pesky planes.
- Pick them up, ignite them, throw them, send them up an ascender, set up a trap, shoot at them on the ground or in someone’s hands (you decide). These new little toys will explode, causing damage and releasing a non-toxic smoke to blind your enemies.
- Molotov Cocktails and Thermites that are thrown into water will now behave similarly to Smoke Grenades.
- The Tracer Perk effect will be enabled for Players in water that reaches their ankles.
- The Cold Blooded Perk effect will be enabled for Players in water that reaches their knees.
- Players are unable to lie prone in knee-deep water.
The Stopping Power Field Upgrade has been removed from loot.
The Gulag will now allow the victor to redeploy with the Weapon(s) and equipment that remain at the end of the duel.
- UAVs now cost $6,000, up from $4,000 when available.
Loadout Drop Markers
- These can only be purchased at Buy Stations after the first free Loadout Drop Public Event has taken place.
- This change only affects Vanguard Royale and Battle Royale.
- This Field Upgrade will now refresh on the first kill only, with reduced drop rates found in loot.
- We will continue to monitor the strength of this Field Upgrade over the season.
- Melee and non-Melee Weapons will now require at least three hits to achieve Melee Finisher damage.
- Damage increased to 200, up from 150
- Damage increased to 112/225, up from 70/140
- Damage per tick increased to 21|36|43, up from 15|25|30
- Duration increased to ~12.5 seconds, up from ~6.5 seconds
- Damage increased to 225, up from 200
- Damage increased to 74/150, up from 70/140
- Damage increased to 250, up from 200, on hits to Upper Torso and Headshots
Lethal Equipment has been revised to pack a heavier punch. This balance pass should provide more versatility and provide more impactful hits for Players not at max plates. With this change if a lethal did not down a player with full plates it still will not. However, it will now be a critical hit to players with little or no plates (the exception being the throwing knife).
- Will now fire rubber bullets with a chance to hit nearby enemies dealing 1 point of damage
- Pulse time increased to 6 seconds, up from 3 seconds\
- Detection radius increased to 28 meters, up from 14 meters
- Will additionally apply a 3 second boost that increases movement, slide, and sprint speed
- Stun duration decreased to 2.5/4.5 seconds, down from 4.7/5.5 seconds
With these changes, our goal is to provide Players with a range of viable Tactical Equipment to choose from, rather than feeling disadvantaged for exploring outside of the commonly accepted choices - notably Stuns, Heartbeat Sensor, and Flash Grenades.
- The Gas Mask animation will now wait for reloading, Armor Plate insertion, or Grenade throwing animations to complete.
We know that the Gas Mask is a crucial tool for survival but at times it can also be detrimental. This change is intended to maintain Player agency and provide more control around the mask, while still giving players already inside the circle the tactical edge.
UI, UX, & More
We’re introducing a revamped Settings menu layout inspired by Vanguard, including the following updates:
- Reordering of the available Options
- A new Interface tab that now hosts the preexisting Accessibility and HUD options
Graphics options have been split into two tabs for Players on all platforms:
Addition of the following options:
- Min/Max Input Deadzone per Stick
- Left Stick Min Input Deadzone
- Right Stick Min Input Deadzone
- Left Stick Max Input Deadzone
- Right Stick Max Input Deadzone
Walk Keybind & Speed Setting
- Player can assign a key to the new Walk option
- Customize the speed at which the Walk key makes you move
Custom Sensitivity Per Zoom
- Players can now customize their sensitivity per ADS Sens. Multiplier type
New Weapons (Launch)
- Fast firing full-auto assault rifle ideal for close to mid-range engagements.
Assault Rifle Hotel (VG)
- High-accuracy and low-recoil allow this assault rifle precision at longer ranges.
Assault Rifle Charlie (VG)
- High-caliber full-auto with accuracy for long distance engagements.
Cooper Carbine (VG)
- This short range AR is easy to control with a fast fire rate.
- Available via the Season One Battle Pass.
Assault Rifle Bravo (VG)
- Four-round burst rifle, accurate at medium to long range.
- Full-auto assault rifle with very accurate initial fire. Recoil becomes difficult to control with sustained fire.
Assault Rifle Alpha (VG)
- Versatile assault rifle adaptable to any situation.
- Quick and mobile full-auto assault rifle. Ideal for pushing enemy positions at short to medium range.
- Versatile semi-automatic pistol accurate at close and medium range.
- Steady high-caliber semi-automatic pistol more effective at range than other pistols.
Machine Pistol (VG)
- Very fast firing fully-automatic pistol. Effective at close range.
- Fast-firing semi-automatic pistol. Effective at close range.
Top Break (VG)
- High-caliber revolver effective out to medium range.
M1 Bazooka (VG)
- Shoulder-fired launcher firing 60mm explosive rockets. Highly effective against vehicles.
MK11 Launcher (VG)
- Repurposed launcher firing two-inch mortars. Very effective against infantry.
- Disposable launcher firing a shaped charge warhead. Effective against vehicles and infantry.
- Shoulder-fired launcher firing 88mm explosive rockets. Highly effective against vehicles.
Light Machine Gun
Light Machine Gun Charlie (VG)
- Full-auto LMG with accurate initial fire. Recoil becomes difficult to control with sustained fire.
- Versatile LMG capable of full-auto accuracy up to medium range and accurate in burst at long range.
- Extreme rate-of-fire LMG able to suppress enemy forces at medium range.
Type 11 (VG)
- Lighter LMG offers additional maneuverability to reposition during battle.
Combat Shield (VG)
- Improvised armored shield. Impenetrable to ballistics and resistant to most explosives.
FS Fighting Knife (VG)
- Commando fighting knife. Effective at surprise attacks or in close-quarters fighting.
- A club crafted from the jaws of the ocean's most fearsome predator.
- Available via the Season One Battle Pass.
Combat Shotgun (VG)
- Pump-action shotgun offering additional effective range.
Double Barrel (VG)
- Break-action shotgun with a fast rate-of-fire. Effective at close range.
Einhorn Revolving (VG)
- Prototype shotgun with a revolving cylinder. Effective at close range.
Gracey Auto (VG)
- Semi-auto shotgun with a very fast rate-of-fire. Effective at very close range.
3-Line Rifle (VG)
- Heavier bolt-action rifle offers increased stability. Immediately lethal almost anywhere on the body.
Gorenko Anti-Tank Rifle (VG)
- Heavy semi-automatic anti-tank rifle with devastating performance against infantry and vehicles alike.
- Available via the Season One Battle Pass.
- Versatile bolt-action rifle. Immediately lethal to the torso and head.
Type 99 (VG)
- Lighter bolt-action rifle offers additional maneuverability. Immediately lethal to the upper torso and head.
- High rate-of-fire SMG with high ammo capacity. Ideal for close range engagements.
Submachine Gun Charlie (VG)
- Workhorse SMG suited to all short to medium range engagements.
- High-caliber full-auto SMG with accuracy for medium ranges.
- Incredibly fast firing SMG that eliminates close range threats quickly.
- High-mobility full-auto SMG ideal for flanking enemy positions.
Type 100 (VG)
- High-accuracy and low recoil SMG offering additional effective range.
- High rate-of-fire semi-automatic rifle most effective at medium range.
M1 Garand (VG)
- Versatile rifle offering effective accuracy and stopping power at all ranges.
- High-caliber semi-automatic battle rifle. Especially effective with headshots.
New Weapons (In-Season)
- A single-edged Japanese longsword. Deadly in close quarters combat.
- Available later in Season One via Store Bundle.
New Unlock Challenge Missions (BOCW)
Grav: Assault Rifle (BOCW)
- Using Assault Rifles, kill 3 enemies who are at a lower elevation in 15 different completed matches.
.410 Ironhide: Shotgun (BOCW)
- Using Shotguns, get 2 Point Blank kills in 15 different completed matches.
Please be aware that a balance update will be released shortly after launch that will include considerable changes across Weapons from all 3 Chapters (MW/BOCW/VG).
Ballistic Knife (BOCW)
- Melee damage decreased to 90, down from 135
Battle Axe (BOCW)
- Damage decreased to 135, down from 175
- Damage decreased to 135, down from 150
Kali Sticks (MW)
- Damage decreased to 65, down from 90
- Lunge Distance decreased by 7.7%
- Melee Finisher now requires 4 hits, up from 2
- Note: These changes also affect MW Multiplayer
- Damage decreased to 135, down from 150
- Damage decreased to 70, down from 135
- Lunge Distance decreased 7.7%
- Melee Finisher now requires 4 hits, up from 2
Francis “Kai” Lanakila: S.O.T.F. Trident (Launch)
- Automatically unlocked at Tier 0 with purchase of the Season One Battle Pass.
Lewis Howard: S.O.T.F. Trident (In-Season)
- Acquire Lewis via featured Bundles, set for launch during Season One.
Isabella Rosario Dulnuan Reyes: S.O.T.F. Trident (In-Season)
- Acquire Isabella via featured Bundles, set for launch during Season One.
NOTE: Those who have all three members of Trident and level them up to 20 will get special gold-trimmed outfits, as well as some incredibly badass Platinum Operator Skins if they maxed out all 12 Operators from the other four Task Forces.
Stay tuned to @CODTracker on Twitter for full Call of Duty coverage, including the latest Warzone news.
If you're new to Call of Duty Tracker, you should know that we also offer free services such as player statistics, leaderboards, and a cosmetics database. Consider checking us out and let us know on Twitter what you'd like to see next!