The first mid-season update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone is currently rolling out across PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC (Battle.Net)! Infinity Ward has released the complete Patch Notes for this update, found below, which detail all of the changes that this update brings to the Modern Warfare experience.
Highlights of this update include:
- Weapon balance adjustments
As promised in the Season 5 Patch Notes, Infinity Ward's efforts have come to fruition as the size of this update is noticeably smaller than updates of a similar magnitude in the past. We hope to see this trend continue as more updates release.
- Gunfight 3v3 - Blueprint
- Bare Bones Moshpit
- Hardcore Team Deathmatch
- Harcore Kill Confirmed
- Remove Plunder: Blood Money
- Add Plunder Quads
- Fix for an issue where explosive rounds on the Rytec AMR could still be equipped in CDL modes
- Fix for an error players could receive when opening the weapon armory
- Fix for an exploit in the Shooting Range trial
- Increased headshot damage (2 hit at range with 1 headshot)
- Reduced near damage (limbs and lower torso always 3 shot)
- Increased damage range
- Increased ADS speed
- Reduced damage range
- Increased near damage
- Increased ADS Speed
The following information is not included in Infinity Ward's Patch Notes, rather, it is obtained raw from the raw game files. Here is a detailed breakdown of the weapon statistics which were changed in this update.
Maximum damage (to 20m) has been nerfed, however, this does not account for changes to body multipliers.
- Maximum Damage: 65 to 49 (-25%)
ADS-In time buffed, maximum damage range (28dmg) buffed, and damage range 2 (23dmg) buffed.
- Aim Down Sights Time: 390ms to 360ms (-8%)
- Maximum Damage Range: 1,700 (43m) to 1,900 (48m) (+12%)
- Damage Range 2: 2,650 (67m) to 2,800 (71m) (+6%)
Maximum damage range (31dmg) nerfed and damage range 2 (28dmg) nerfed.
- Maximum Damage Range: 1,650 (42m) to 1,050 (27m) (-36%)
- Damage Range 2: 2,600 (66m) to 2,200 (56m) (-15%)
ADS-In time buffed and new damage/range shelf added.
- Aim Down Sights Time: 450ms to 420ms (-7%)
- Maximum Damage: 31 to 32 (+3%)
- Maximum Damage Range: 1,750 (45m) to 1,150 (29m) (-34%)
- Damage 2: 0 (unused) to 31
- Damage Range 2: 0 (unused) to 1,750 (44.5m)
Stay tuned to @CODTracker on Twitter for full Call of Duty coverage, including the latest Modern Warfare and Warzone news. In case you're new here, we also offer Player Stats, Leaderboards, and a Cosmetics Database for the latest titles - check us out!