Starting November 13th with the launch of Black Ops Cold War, and continuing on December 10th with the release of Season One and beyond, Warzone players will begin seeing new Black Ops Cold War content coming to all modes of the Call of Duty Battle Royale experience.
This is only the beginning: Like every off-the-books clandestine operation, expect to uncover more secrets, and experience memorable moments as the Cold War heats up across Verdansk (and beyond) in the months and seasons ahead.
The following Activision blog post details...
- Player Progression: How your player levels and item unlocks are shared.
- Weapon Progression: How weapons are leveled up and attachments are unlocked across the games.
- Operator Selection: How Operators from both franchises interact in the Verdansk combat zone.
- Battle Pass Integration: How this system synchronizes across the games.
- Store Access: How to purchase additional in-game content, and where it is accessible.
Worlds have collided! For the first time in Call of Duty history, Season One brings universal and synchronized player progression that works between Black Ops Cold War, Modern Warfare, and Warzone! Black Ops Cold War progression builds on a familiar and similar path to Modern Warfare while incorporating an innovative Prestige system, giving you more challenges and earnable content.
On November 13th, Black Ops Cold War is set to launch with an updated player progression system. Players will begin by completing Military Ranks, a traditional leveling journey to unlock functional gameplay items. Once completed, Black Ops Cold War players will enter an updated and improved Season Leveling that begins at game launch with the Pre-Season, and which becomes synchronized with all three games at the beginning of Season One on December 10th.
At the launch of Season One in December, the path to gaining XP and leveling up will be shared across all three Call of Duty titles. This Progression system is both familiar and innovative, allowing you to level up in all three titles no matter which game you play.
Player Progression Begins: Military Ranks and Modes
- Check the Barracks Menu of each title for a new change: Your Enlisted Ranks (Level 1-55) are now known as Military Ranks. These will be fully synchronized between all three games.
- This universal progression system means that you can level up (and obtain XP) no matter which of the titles you are playing!
- Progress in the usual manner by playing Multiplayer modes, completing Challenges and Warzone matches.
- In addition, Black Ops Cold War Zombies shares this same progression too.
Player Progression Reset
- To synchronize player progression across all three games, your Military Rank will be reset within Modern Warfare and Warzone at the start of Black Ops Cold War Season One. This reset is synchronized to your current progression level in Black Ops Cold War when Season One begins.
- Don’t worry, only your XP is reset; everything you’ve previously unlocked remains available.
Player Progression Continues: The Seasonal Prestige Leveling
- Your seasonal Officer Progression is now known as Season Levels, which incorporates a Seasonal Prestige leveling system. These are fully synchronized between all three games.
- As you begin Season Leveling, expect an updated interface to this leveling system.
- Seasonal Progression has been updated with aspects of the traditional Prestige system, allowing players to unlock and use rewards, including some incredibly cool legacy player identity items from the world of Black Ops!
- Leveling in Black Ops Cold War, Warzone or Modern Warfare all count toward your Season Leveling and Prestige Level.
- The preferred way to Prestige is by playing Black Ops Cold War, thanks to challenges focused on Black Ops Cold War gameplay, XP events and other advantages planned throughout the Seasons.
- Remember that a large proportion of this content is earnable or simply free, just by playing one or all of the three games.
- Get the full deep dive into the Black Ops Cold War Prestige System, including details on Seasonal Prestige Levels, Prestige Master requirements, Season Challenges, and more tomorrow (11/6).
At the start of Season One expect every weapon from Modern Warfare and new weapons from Black Ops Cold War to be accessible in Warzone, including Blueprints and camo variants. Mix and level up weapons both in Warzone and the game the weapon originated from.
Every weapon you’ve unlocked in Modern Warfare, as well as every weapon you’re going to unlock in Black Ops Cold War, is planned to continue to be available in Warzone. This includes Modern Warfare Primary and Secondary weapons (including Blueprint variants). The current plan is for Warzone to also include all Primary and Secondary weapons available throughout the lifespan of Black Ops Cold War, including launch and Season weapons, as well as every single Weapon Blueprint. Naturally, this includes the assortment of free weapons you received during every Season of Modern Warfare, just for playing the game.
Note that your Modern Warfare and Black Ops Cold War weaponry will be shared with Warzone. We don’t currently have plans to remove any weapons from Warzone. You will not be able to use your Modern Warfare weapons in Black Ops Cold War, and vice versa.
In the Warzone Weapons menu, look for visible Black Ops and Modern Warfare logos on every weapon’s menu tile so you can immediately tell where your armament originated. When you earn or unlock a new weapon in Black Ops Cold War, it immediately appears for use in Warzone.
Warzone shares weapon progression with both Black Ops Cold War and Modern Warfare.
- Choose an available weapon from Black Ops Cold War or Modern Warfare and use it in Warzone.
- All XP and leveling counts both in Warzone and the game from which the weapon originated.
- Work to unlock weapons and attachments for any weapon you like in either game by playing that game or Warzone.
- What about base weapons that exist in Black Ops Cold War and Modern Warfare? Expect to be able to access available base weapons separately, with each game’s specific logo indicating the series it is available in, as well as the weapon’s level progression.
- At the start of Season One, Modern Warfare’s Perks, Lethal Equipment, Tactical Equipment, Field Upgrades, and specific Killstreaks will remain in Warzone.
- Modern Warfare players can rest easy; current plans are that any Modern Warfare weapons you’ve progressed, along with any unlocks (like the Damascus or Obsidian camos) are retained.
At launch, take any Operator you’ve unlocked from Modern Warfare or Black Ops Cold War into Verdansk, including any earnable and unlockable skins.
With the advent of Black Ops Cold War Operators entering Warzone on November 13th, expect an Operator select screen with more choices than ever before relating to who you’ll take on your next mission into Verdansk.
- Plans are for Operators from Modern Warfare, including all purchased and earned Skins, Quips, and Finishing Moves, to continue to be available in Warzone.
- All Operators from Black Ops Cold War, along with free, earned and purchased elements, are planned to be accessible once you unlock them in a variety of ways both in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone.
- Black Ops Cold War and Modern Warfare Operators that you obtain are intended to be available to play both in Warzone and the title from which they originate.
- There is only one exception, the indomitable Marine Corps Master Sergeant Frank Woods is accessible in all three games, though the only skin available in Modern Warfare is the one available if you purchase a digital pre-order of Black Ops Cold War, and that skin is only available in Modern Warfare and Warzone.
- Purchase Black Ops Cold War and gain access to a number of new Cold War-era operatives, as well as new earnable and unlockable skins for them, which you can use in Warzone too.
Battle Pass Integration
The Battle Pass system continues, with Season One coming loaded with brand new content for Black Ops Cold War and Warzone. Progress through the Battle Pass system by playing any of the three games. Battle Pass content you unlock is shown in-game, no matter which game you’re playing.
Black Ops Cold War and Warzone will share post-launch seasonal content through the Battle Pass system (including free tiers of content) and the Store.
- Warzone Battle Pass system content and store purchases will continue to be available in Warzone. There are currently no plans to remove Warzone content.
- Modern Warfare Battle Pass content earned and store purchases are planned to continue to be available in Modern Warfare and Warzone. While we continue to optimize for platforms and disk space, we plan to retain all Modern Warfare content for continued use in Warzone at least through the initial Black Ops Cold War seasons of content.
- For Season One, expect a multitude of fresh and exciting Battle Pass items you can access both in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone.
- While Season One Battle Pass content is accessible in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone, players will still be able to progress the Battle Pass by playing Modern Warfare.
- Battle Pass content you unlock will be visible no matter which game you’re playing.
A vast majority of content purchased in Black Ops Cold War can be used in that game as well as Warzone.
From the start of Season One, players will be able to access the in-game store, and use their COD Points to purchase a wide variety of cosmetic bundles. Each title's in-game store will be carefully curated to feature content available to play in that game. Items also available to be played in Warzone will be clearly labeled.
- Black Ops Cold War Store: Purchase content to utilize in Black Ops Cold War. Nearly all content from Black Ops Cold War is usable in Warzone but all items will be clearly labeled.
- Warzone Store: This store offers a mixture of content from both Black Ops Cold War and Modern Warfare games, nearly all of which can be utilized in Warzone and the game for which it was designed. All items will be clearly labeled.
- Modern Warfare Store: Purchase content to utilize in Modern Warfare. Most content from Modern Warfare is usable in Warzone but all items will be clearly labeled.
No matter what game you are playing – or the platform you’re playing it on – access and invite your friends to join you. Cross-Title Invites allow you to invite your friends who are playing Modern Warfare or Warzone to join you in Black Ops Cold War, and vice versa, with the party leader navigating to the title everyone wishes to play. The result is more flexibility and ease in gathering your friends for a Multiplayer match, Zombies experience (in Black Ops Cold War), or drop into Verdansk.
As the Black Ops Cold War Seasons progress and the Warzone story unfolds, be certain that our teams are working diligently to ensure all of this content is accessible. There are no current plans to remove content from Warzone but to ensure the best possible player experience, there may be occasions where content is delayed, or becomes temporarily or permanently inaccessible.
Stay tuned to @CODTracker on Twitter for full Call of Duty coverage, including the latest Warzone news.
If you're new to Call of Duty Tracker, you should know that we also offer free services such as player statistics, leaderboards, and a cosmetics database. Consider checking us out and let us know on Twitter what you'd like to see next!